The Milwaukee County Clerk has an internship opportunity for a college or university student who is interested in working in local government.
This is an unpaid internship. The student must be enrolled in an "internship program" through which he/she will earn credit at his/her school. Proof of academic credit for the internship is required before starting the internship.
Office of the Milwaukee County Clerk
County Courthouse, Room 105
901 North Ninth Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Eight (8) to ten (10) hours per week; flexible 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Undergraduate or graduate student in political science, public administration, social science, or related field.
The intern reports directly to the County Clerk and may be involved in a variety of activities in an office that provides services to the County Board of Supervisors, county government departments, and the public. Responsibilities will vary but may include customer service, research, writing, assisting with documenting legislative proceedings, and scanning paper documents to digital media.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work with elected officials and the public
- Strong research skills, including computer-based research
- Working knowledge of the legislative process
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and two professional or academic references to:
JOSEPH J. CZARNEZKI
Milwaukee County Clerk
If you have questions, please call 278-4067.