Claim Procedure



 State of Wisconsin laws require that any claim for money against Milwaukee County be made in writing and filed with the:

Milwaukee County Clerk
County Courthouse, Room 105
901 North Ninth Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233

Please complete the claim form; include:

  • your name, address, and daytime telephone number

  • the date that the loss or injury occurred

  • the county department that was involved in your loss or injury

  • the dollar amount claimed.

  • Briefly state the facts as you know them that caused your loss or injury.  If you have any supporting documentation/information, please include it with the claim form (do not staple).







The completed, original claim form and all supporting documentation/information can be hand-delivered or mailed to the County Clerk’s office at the address above. There is no charge for filing a claim against Milwaukee County with the County Clerk.


Your claim will be referred to an adjuster for investigation. Please understand that the adjuster requires a sufficient amount of time to gather all of the necessary information. When the adjuster has completed the investigation of your claim, you will be contacted by the insurance company with a recommendation as to whether your claim will be paid.


General claims against Milwaukee County are handled by Ryan Anderson of AEGIS Corporation; he can be reached at 262-252-6565.


Claims against the Milwaukee County Transit System are handled by Traci Skolaski of Milwaukee Transport Services, Inc.; she can be reached at 414-937-3244.


The County Clerk’s office receives and processes claims; however, we do not know the status of a claim or when a claim will be resolved. Please direct any questions to one of the individuals listed above based on the type of claim.


To complete the claim form - click here.




Milwaukee County Clerk

Courthouse, Room 105

901 North Ninth Street

Milwaukee, WI 53233


Phone: 414-278-4067 


Email the County Clerk