FILING A CLAIM AGAINST MILWAUKEE COUNTY
State of Wisconsin laws require that any claim for money against Milwaukee County be made in writing and filed with the:
Milwaukee County Clerk
County Courthouse, Room 105
901 North Ninth Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
- your name, address, and daytime telephone number
- the date that the loss or injury occurred
- the county department that was involved in your loss or injury
- the dollar amount claimed.
- Briefly state the facts as you know them that caused your loss or injury. If you have any supporting documentation/information, please attach it to the claim form.
The completed, original claim form and all supporting documentation/information can be hand-delivered or mailed to the County Clerk’s office at the address above. There is no charge for filing a claim against Milwaukee County with the County Clerk.
Your claim will be referred to an adjuster for investigation. Please understand that the adjuster requires a sufficient amount of time to gather all of the necessary information. When the adjuster has completed the investigation of your claim, you will be contacted by the insurance company with a recommendation as to whether your claim will be paid.
General claims against Milwaukee County are handled by Ryan Anderson of AEGIS Corporation; he can be reached at 262-252-6565.
Claims against the Milwaukee County Transit System are handled by Traci Skolaski of Milwaukee Transport Services, Inc.; she can be reached at 414-937-3244.
The County Clerk’s office receives and processes claims; however, we do not know the status of a claim or when a claim will be resolved. Please direct any questions to one of the individuals listed above based on the type of claim.