Bender Park Bluff Stability
Bender Park Bluff Stability/Wick Installation
- Report & Summaries
- Installation Photographs
Photos open into new browser windows. To return to this page, simply close the photo window.
(File size: 250–775K)
- Boring machine working on the north end at the toe of the slope – boring inward and upward.
1, 2, 3
- Exposed wick drain at slope toe north end – groundwater drains out of bank.
- Wick drain protruding from pipe. The pipe, with wick drain, was pushed into the bank. After the wick and pipe were in position, the pipe was pulled out, leaving the wick in place.
- Wick installation – north end. Sliding steel pipe over wick drain.
- Wick installation – north end. Driving wick and pipe into bore hole.
15, 16, 18, 19, 20
- Wick installation – north end. Modified drill/boring bit.
- Joining pipe holding the wick drain when pushing into bank at lower level.