Assistance with Selected Federal Veterans Programs
The Milwaukee Veterans Service Office is unique in the state in that we have several Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs staffers permanently assigned to us. This collaboration means we can administer the state benefits efficiently while providing a bridge to the Federal level.
The final determination for eligibility and approval rests in Madison or Washington, but often the in-house expertise can speed the process. In addition to state benefits, our WDVA administrators can assist you in these areas:
- Veterans Assistance Program (VAP), outreach and aid for homeless vets
- Review and upgrade of Military discharges
- Federal VA Claims assistance
- Employment Assistance - WDVA employment, Troops to Teacher Program, Veterans civil
- service preferences, Empoyment links
- Education Programs - Academic Credit for Military Experience, Federal G.I. Bill
- Entrepreneurial Training
- Transportation to VA Medical appointments
- Free Small Game Hunting and Fishing licenses for disabled veterans
- Special events like Supermarket of Benefits, held several times a year
Veterans in need of this service should call, fax or stop in at the Veterans Service Office (see map to 6419 W. Greenfield Ave West Allis, WI 53214) during normal business hours, Monday thru Friday 8am - 4:30pm. Our office may also be contacted by calling 414-266-1234), or fax 414-266-1233.